Important Copyright Information: Your credit information should be in the opening credits and include the following kid friendly notice.
NOTICE: I used other people's stuff to make this project. I followed rules. Please do not copy it.
Additonally, each image used must have the name of the copyright owner attached to the image. Provide the following information if available (author, title, publisher, and place and date of publication).
~From Legal Issues for School Librarians
prepared by Schwartz & Eichelbaumwww.edlaw.com
Following are some sites with copyright-friendly images. Remember to check any image that you use to see if you need to provide credit!
ThingLink Quarter 2 Book Presentation
(a summative grade)
v How to make a Thinglink--(NOTE: KEEP TRACK OF ALL URLs YOU USE. SAVE THEM ON A WORD DOCUMENT OR GOOGLEDOC TO ACCESS AT A LATER DATE)
- Go to www.thinglink.com and create an account.
- Click on “create” after you have looked at a few examples
- Choose your base image from your own image saved on your computer or a non-copyrighted picture. This must directly relate thematically to your book (see me if you are stuck).
- Embed items into the base picture. These items will be explained/presented to class.
a. The following items must be included and explained:
¨ Setting—picture of place and time
¨ Theme (this will be represented through your base picture, though more can be explained)
¨ Three quotes that support your theme
¨ Characterization—Focus on one character of your choice and describe his/her significance to the novel
b. The following items may be included above and beyond the items above (how to reach the mastery level)
¨ Blog about author or book
¨ Interesting facts (banned book…)
¨ Author bio
¨ Related Video (is there a video about the book?)
¨ Short audio clips recorded and uploaded to Soundcloud
¨ Primary source documents
¨ Podcasts or speeches
¨ Video about the topic
¨ A Google doc or movie you have created
v You will also be graded on the following public speaking techniques(mastery level):
1. Eye contact—do not talk to screen (contact with entire audience)
2. Rate (consistent entire presentation)
3. Enunciation (clear, crisp)
What is ThingLink?
ThingLink helps you create and discover rich images.
Be creative! Make your images come alive with music, video, text, images, shops and more!
Every image contains a story and ThingLink helps you tell your stories. Follow image channels from your favorite bands, bloggers and friends. Your ThingLink interactive images form a channel that other users can follow.
Share your channel with friends on Facebook and Twitter, and follow your friends. Touch and discover.
See some examples here.
Royalty Free Music
Remember "popular music," is not Royalty Free. You can use commonly used songs but only 10% or 30 seconds of the song, anything else is a copyright violation. Remember if you choose to not use Soundzabound or another royalty free site you can only play your presentation for educational use and it cannot be posted on the web.
- Soundzabound Find an abundance of royalty free music choices using Soundzabound. Soundzabound is provided to all Wisconsin residents free of charge through BadgerLink.