This Norski Guide provides everything you need to complete your Shakespeare Scavenger Hunt.
Stop in the DAHS Library to see our Shakespeare display and browse through some non-fiction books about the Elizabethan Era. Play the fortune teller game to discover which Shakespeare character you are.
These are quality websites with loads of information about Shakespeare and the Elizabethan Era.
William Shakespeare Biography (Biography.com)
Shakespeare's Biography (Shakespeare Resource Center)
No Sweat Shakespeare (nosweatshakespeare.com)
17th Century Rules of Marriage (Folger Shakespeare Library)
The Elizabethan World (Elizabethan.org)
Research Process Survey
Please complete this two minute survey about your approach to research:
English 9 Mid-year Assessment (no longer accepting responses - thank you for your input)
Scavenger Hunt Questions - Start a GoogleDoc or Word Document
1. What is the assumed date of birth for Shakespeare?
2. Where was Shakespeare born?
3. Who were his parents?
4. Whom did Shakespeare marry?
5. Name Shakespeare's three children.
6. When did Shakespeare die?
7. Write what is on Shakespeare’s tomb.
8. What theatre was Shakespeare part owner of?
9. Describe the sections of the audience in the theatre.
10. What happened to the original theatre?
11. How many plays did Shakespeare write?
12. What are his three main types of plays?
13. What is Betrothal? What age is a person legally able to be betrothed in Elizabethan times?
14. What were the four most common names for baby girls during Elizabethan times?
15. What were the four most common names for baby boys during Elizabethan times?
16. What are some subjects that you might take if you were an Elizabethan boy?
17.What are the modern names for these Elizabethan professions?
18.Where is Verona (not in the US:)?
19. What is the definition of feud?
20. Name 2 famous feuds.
21. Find and list 10 Songs that have Romeo and Juliet in their titles or in the lyrics--
• Song 1:
• Song 2:
• Song 3:
• Song 4:
• Song 5:
• Song 6:
• Song 7:
• Song 8:
• Song 9:
• Song 10:
22. Name two modern movies that were based on a Shakespeare play--